Did you know that you can claim the VAT back on your Uccello Kettle if you have a disability?
In some cases, even those who may have purchased the Uccello Kettle as a gift for someone living with a disability may be entitled to claim.
Of course, in order to be eligible to do so, there are a few factors that must be met…
Under the Value Added Tax (Refund of Tax) (No, 15) Order 1981, you can claim the VAT back on mobility aids and appliances that help you or the one you care for carry out daily activities at home or at work.
You could be asked to produce medical evidence of your disability but other than that, the process is quite straightforward.
* Please note that VAT refunds are not allowed on services for people with disabilities or for rental aids/appliances.
To claim the VAT back on the Uccello Kettle and other mobility aids you must:
- Live in Ireland
- Have a disability
- Need the mobility aid or appliance to help with daily activities
The Uccello Kettle or other mobility aid must be owned by the person with a disability and be for their exclusive use. If however, the refund is being sought after by someone other than the user (a carer or family member), Revenue may ask for evidence that the mobility aid is solely owned and used by the person living with a disability.
Mobility Aids You Can Claim VAT Back on:
- Domestic aids, for example, eating and drinking aids such as the Uccello Kettle
- Walk-in baths
- Commode chairs
- Braille books
- Hoists and lifts, including stairlifts
- Communication aids
How To Claim Your VAT Back:
To claim the VAT back on your purchase you will need to log in to your revenue account and click through to the ‘eRepayments‘ section of the website.
- Firstly, log in to your Revenue account
- Click on the ‘Other Services‘ section in the ‘My Services‘ area of myAccount.
- Click on the ‘eRepayments Claims‘ card
What You Will Need:
Before logging into your Revenue account you will need to gather a few things:
- Complete the relevant claims form (Form 61A ( PDF))
- Supporting documentation such as the invoice for the Uccello Kettle or other mobility aid.
You can email our customer care team for a copy of your invoice. We are always happy to help. All you will need is your order number. This you will have received only if you purchased directly from our website.
- If it applies to your claim, a possible report by a medical professional such as an Occupational Therapist or a Psychologist, etc
- Your IBAN number and BIC number of the bank account you wish to have your claim paid into.
If you are unsure about claiming VAT back on your Uccello Kettle purchase, please do contact our customer care team and they will be more than happy to help.